Thursday, August 2, 2012

Quilting Projects

So I came across this project recently: "The Quilt that Built a Library" (http://www.princetonpublib.org/node/511) and I wanted to find a way to contribute...  I mean, Wisconsin? Quilting? Helping a library AND young children? This is a no-brainer....

Well, low and behold, an incredibly kind seller from Bonanza happened to include some extra fat quarters with my order this past week.  At the same time, my dearest quilting friend here in Guam gave me a small Winnie the Pooh piece.  It was destiny.

So I sat down in my favorite thinking spot, put them together, and voila: here is what I came up with!




Maybe I'll make a few more to send... Of course, if anyone has tips on how to "fancy" it up so I can win the big quilt in addition to helping the children, I am all ears!?!?   Otherwise, enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Misty!!! It's 12.5" x 12.5" as requested by the program. After they collect all the squares, they'll be piecing them into nice-sized quilts for the kids. I think I'll make a few more of this same block so I can be included in more than one quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete