Thursday, August 23, 2012

My Best of Guam Photos...

Someone at my husband's workplace had the fantastic idea to start collecting photos of Guam to include in a nice hardcover book for sale as a fundraiser.  Memories of Guam: I LOVE it!

But unfortunately, when I went to look for my own contributions, I realized: 1. I have not used my camera to it's full capabilities on Guam.  And 2. Most of my photos center around my children, as they should for now.  So my own contributions to this project are pretty limited.

But there were a few I can post to give you just a sampling of the beauty we're surrounded by here.  Hope you enjoy!  :)

 The coral in the waters surrounding us....

 Of course just a few of my favorite fish that didn't run away in fright....



 Fish Eye Park: one of my all-time favorite hang-outs!

 Built over a bomb hole in Piti with a wonderful fish viewing area down below...

 It's a little walk to get there, but so worth it...

 I can't explain why: my favorite pictures involve feet. I want to remember where my feet have been, whether walking or flipping....

 Ah, the Full Moon on Guam = WOW!  I mean, it's good everywhere, but picture this surrounded by Palm Trees in the sky. If only I could manipulate my camera to capture the "big picture" here....

 Gab Gab Beach: one of the best beaches on the island if it wasn't such a long drive for us....

 Ritidian Point Beach: my favorite closer beach...

Sunrise on Tarague Beach. Nothing like waking up to this while you're out camping!
 Tarague Beach by day: I can't say it's my favorite, but it's definitely our most frequently visited beach due to closeness.

 Of all the views I enjoy here though, the clouds are some of the BEST!
Tide Pools at Tarague Beach: a hidden secret here...

Another secret: the tide pools here contain Star-Shaped Sand!  Yes.  Sand shaped like gazillions of tiny little stars, made by little one-celled creatures found only on rare beaches on Guam and around Japan.  You'll have to go to my old post for a picture of the sand (http://gwennysworld.blogspot.com/2012/08/did-you-ever-think-sand-on-beach-was.html). Without a Micro lens, they just aren't postcard quality photos that I'd want to include in this special project.
Lastly, the view from Jeff's Pirate's Cove.  Ahhhh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment